The SHS LRC provides students with a quiet & friendly atmosphere and a
place for students and teachers to use a great collection of resources.
We offer the following:
- 10 desktop computers & 20 laptop computers
- A Great collection of Reference, Non-Fiction & Fiction books
- NEW! eBooks - read on any device with internet access
- NEW! Online Audio books - listen on any device with internet access
- Document printer access from Library computers
- The librarian is available to assist students and staff throughout the day. Orientation classes for students are available by teacher request.
- Monday - Thursday 7:30 am to 3:00 pm
- Friday 7:30 am to 2:40 pm
- Extended hours after school as needed
Visiting the Media Center:
- Students visiting with their class will receive priority computer access
- All individual students coming to the LRC must have a pass
- All students coming to the LRC from study hall or lunch must sign in
- Students may not bring food or beverages into the LRC
- Students may not use Personal Electronic Devices in the LRC
Conduct in the LRC:Borrowing Materials:
- Students are expected to behave in a respectful manner
- Disruptive behavior will result in appropriate discipline referrals
- Books may be borrowed for a period of 3 weeks
- Up to 3 books at a time may be borrowed
- There are no fines for overdue books; however, if a book is not returned, the student must pay for its replacement.
- Student who have outstanding library obligations will have borrowing privileges suspended.
Reasons to Visit the LRC:
- The Books are Free - Read them and Return them
- Silence is Golden - If you want some peace and quiet, the library is the best place to be. It has a good atmosphere for work and research with a ton of information at your fingertips
- Browsing - Your can satisfy the thrill of just being able to browse shelves
- Like-minded people - It's a comfort to be around like-minded bookworms, and you might be more motivated just from looking at people hard at work
- Pick the librarian's brain - Librarians can be great resource for either helping with your research or recommending books
- Better test scores - Studies show that students who often visit the library have higher ACT, reading, and writing scores versus those who don't. Further proof that libraries make you smarter!
- Comfortable chairs - Lots of informal engaging space & comfy seats, it's the "living room" of the school
- Get work done - The LRC is perfect for homework, projects & study
- Audio books - Check out our online audiobooks & Playaways.
- E-Books - Read many classic books online